Our goal is to have at least one Functional Therapist in every city in South Africa.
How to become a functional therapist?
- you have to have certain work values and character traits.
- you need to complete the application form and pay the registration fee.
- the character traits and work values that are important as a Functional Therapist are:
- a desire to become involved in the well-being of others,
- being motivated and energized by helping people,
- an ongoing inner-drive to become a better person,
- be open-minded to learn new skills,
- having an intense interest in human functioning,
- be able to set tangible goals and be result oriented.
- application form and the assessment:
- familiarized yourself with the prospectus,
- complete the application form,
- pay the R950 registration fee.
What are the opportunities for a functional therapist?
- Own private practice,
- Therapist at schools,
- Therapist at Churches,
- Relationship facilitator
- Career planning,
- Individual and group assessments,
- Functioning & productivity consultant to businesses,
- Trauma counselor at hospitals.
Qualifications needed and course information.
- You need to have a matric certificate (or be older than 24) to qualify for Level 1,
- Functional therapy is a 3-year diploma course,
- Thereafter you do the postgraduate diploma (Level 4).
- Should you already have a 3-year diploma (or more) in any of the following, you qualify to enter the postgraduate diploma (Level 4) immediately.
- Educational (e.g. teacher)
- Social sciences (e.g. social worker)
- Human relations (e.g. human resource manager)
- Ministry (e.g. pastor/minister/counsellor)
- Psychologist or occupational therapist
The Greek word for therapist is therápõn, which means a servant, an attendant, a minister, and is closely related to the word manager.
- Firstly, therapy then means to take care of the sick, to heal, to cure, to wait upon, and to minister to people in need.
- Secondly, a therapist helps a person managing his/her life in such a way to function more productively and efficiently.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org